I recently talked with a seller about removing extra vehicles from his property while his home was listed for sale. He wondered why. I usually recommend that sellers remove any recreational vehicles such as boats, RVs, jetskis or non-working vehicles while the home is for sale and during the pending to close period. Why?
- Vehicles, whether they are in great shape or not, are not a part of the property and can be distracting to the potential buyer.
- With potential buyers walking around the property and in and out of storage areas and the garage, vehicles can get scratched or damaged.
- They represent potential hazards that people can trip over or get injured around
- They take up space making garages and storage areas appear smaller or cluttered.
There are temporary storage options available which I would be happy to review with you including:
- Storage facilities that are specifically designed for cars, recreational vehicles, boats, etc.
- Storing at a friend or family member
- Temporary mooring