Tips for Buyers
The key to finding the right home is organization. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Before you start house-hunting, decide out how much house you can afford. I will refer you to a loan officer to pre-qualify you for your home. To see how much home you are able to afford, or review my mortgage calculator section.
- Prioritize what is most important and what is least important in a home. Make a list of everything you want in a home. I will go over your list, so I know exactly what you need in your home.
- Make notes as you look at the home. Some people even take along tape recorders and/or video cameras to remember which features go to which home.
- When you do choose a home, make sure the home is structurally sound. I will refer you to an extremely thorough home inspector. The inspector will look for large repairs that are needed and report on the condition of the home.
- Once you’ve found the home you want to buy, together we will complete a purchase and sale agreement. This is the contract in which the seller and the buyer outline the details of the property transfer.
- A closing date is jointly agreed-upon during the negotiation stage of the transaction. Before closing, the Escrow company will complete a thorough settlement statement for both buyer and seller.
A brief guide produced by the Environmental Protection Agency that discusses mold, moisture and your home.
Lead Based Paint
Learn the dangers of and how to protect yourself and your family from the dangers of lead based paint.